Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Only Thing Good About Today...

...is that I'm going to Starbucks tomorrow morning. No, okay, the sushi I had for dinner was pretty good, too, except that Tom forgot to order my sweet potato tempura roll and instead got me some kind of slimy pickled vegetable roll which wasn't bad, but it wasn't my sweet potato tempura roll.

I'm nearly finished with the first beaded rope for the projects I'm working on for Marsha Hedrick. Colden looked at it last night and said, "Oh! Mommy's making a big, green worm!" and then he wanted to hug and kiss the worm while I was working on it. Which was adorable at first, but then wasn't so adorable when I couldn't tug the worm out of his hands...

No energy tonight. Colden had a fever the last two nights, and it was all I could do to keep him comfortable. The Motrin helped, and the pediatrician said that it was probably viral since the fever disappeared during the day. They also told us that they have seen lots of weird viruses, colds and flu going around, and it's not even the end of October yet. Still on the fence about getting Colden his flu shot, we'll have to talk about that tomorrow...

2 comments:

Katie said...

My doctor said there's a bunch of stuff going around already here, too. I need to make an appt to see my doctor, and I'm hoping I can go ahead and get the flu shot the next time I'm there. Ever since I almost ended up in the hospital with the flu in 2000, I ALWAYS get the shot...but, the last time I went to the doctor, I was still running a low-grade fever (for about a month...)...Can't get the shot til I stop doing that...aarh!

Hope things get better for you guys!

VanBeads said...

Katie, yeah, we got him a flu shot last year, but I haven't had a flu shot since 2001 - and that was the year I got the flu so badly, I thought I was going to have to be hospitalized, too.

I'm at Starbucks this morning, and it's already an infinitely better day! Thanks! :-)