Wednesday, June 20, 2012

New Patterns in the Etsy Shop!

In addition to working full-time, going down to New York City (blog post to follow about THAT particular adventure!), keeping up with Colden, and trying to keep the house in some semblance of order, I've been working on new beading patterns. Lots of new beading patterns. And lots of beading patterns that I've had half-written on my computer for the last year and a half. And I'm listing them in my Etsy shop and on Craftsy!


First, the one that I'm most proud of, is my Katya bracelet. I love the new Czech Twin beads, and I love the two-hole freshwater pearls that were a gift from Beki Haley at Whimbeads, but I had absolutely no idea what to do with either of them. Then I got to thinking about how I might be able to alternate Twins and pearls and come up with a funky netted collar.

The collar thing didn't really work out, but as you can see, the bracelet sure did! (And I've still got two strands of two-hole pearls in white for that collar!)

You can purchase this tutorial on Etsy or on Craftsy.



Tila beads? I love 'em. But like most two-hole beads, I had no idea what to do with them. Until a small box of these satin-finish Tila beads landed in my lap one day. I paired them with some seed beads, drop beads, and Czech crystal bicones and came up with this easy and vibrant Bollywood-inspired chain necklace!

Really, this necklace is an easy pattern and it works up pretty darn fast. I love the way it drapes, and it's extremely lightweight and comfortable to wear.

This tutorial is also available on my Etsy shop or on Craftsy.

Last but not least, we will see the return of an oldie, but still a goodie. My Queen Margaret's Lace was one of my best-sellers, and I've completely re-written the instructions and added new, professionally illustrated diagrams to show the thread paths! This is another piece that can be done by an adventurous beginner or an intermediate beader, and it should be live later today!

Coming up next week in between dentist appointments and acupuncture will be a smattering of basic beading tutorials; beaded bottle patterns; beaded bezel tutorials; and, at long last, my bezeling eBook! (Not to mention a few really cool spike bead patterns!)

For today, it's going to be near 90, and with no A/C in the house, I think I'll be taking a trip to Starbucks this afternoon for a little treat and an air-conditioned writing session.

No comments: