Our first seller, FunnyPeopleCo, creates funky, cool jewelry and accessories. She's also including a free surprise gift with every order she receives in April, so you still have a few days left to take advantage of that offer! Here is my interview with FunnyPeopleCo:
My Shop name's FunnyPeopleCo and I sell fashion accessories for teens and 20 somethings.
2. How did you get started in your art/craft?
Since forever, always loved designing clothes and accessories; I started fashion school a few months ago.
3. Where are you located?
I'm located in
4. Do you have a day job or is your art/craft your primary source of income? If you do have a day job, what is it?
I have a day job, I'm a math tutor at a tutoring center.
5. What is your favorite part of your art/craft?
The creativity and freedom to make something and have people love it well enough to wear it!
6. What is your least favorite part of your art/craft?
7. Do you listen to music or watch t.v. while you work? What do you like to have on in the background?
Usually, I'm listening to music, jazz or eurodance (don't know why eurodance but it makes me really hype and more creative).
8. Given all the bad news circulating about the state of the economy lately, how do you see handmade items fitting in? Are they more or less important?
I believe there will always be room for handmade since it's unique and people like to feel that way, that they have something precious that no one else does.
9. What inspires you? What motivates you to create?
Anything! Sometimes just looking at the sky I get hit with ideas.
10. What are your favorite materials to work with? If you are a visual artist, what colors inspire you? If you are another type of artist, are there any scents/sights/sounds that inform your work?
I love pastels, pinks, light greens, purple, colors that you may find in a teens' room (and mine btw).
11. What is your favorite season and why?
I love winter, the cold, the colors, views, scents, tastes everything about it.
12. And because I’m such a foodie, if you could have anything you wanted for dinner, cooked to perfection, exactly the way you like it, what would it be?
Plain ol' mac & cheese with bacon bits, mashed potatoes and butter and corn!
Please take a minute to visit her shop at http://www.funnypeopleco.etsy.com and check out her beautiful work. Fun stuff!