Thursday, January 24, 2013

Energy

My question for today is: From where do you draw your energy?

For me, no question, hands down, my music is the place where I seem to be able to draw the most energy when I need it. I don't know what it is, but there are certain songs, on certain days, that have the ability to both transform my thoughts and transport me to a different place, a different situation.

There are songs that make me cry with joy when I turn them up loud. There are songs that I love until it makes my stomach hurt. There are the lyrics from hundreds of songs from twenty years ago stashed in the dusty little corners of my brain, and damn it all if I can't recall those songs easier than I can recall what the hell I walked into the grocery store for ten minutes earlier...

There are songs that I love for their contemplative nature. Songs that I play when I take a drive through the back roads of Jay and look at the farms and the fields and the mountains and the sky. Those are the songs that I carry with me from day to day.

There are songs that haunt me at night, when I can't sleep, and my mind refuses to shut itself off.

This is one of those contemplative songs that I listen to during the late afternoon when the sun hangs low in the sky and I'm taking a ride through the back roads and planning my next move... Enjoy.


2 comments:

DVArtist said...

I draw my energy from nature.
Nicole/Beadwright

Unknown said...

Jen, I kid you not, I did not read your post until after I wrote mine. I so wish we lived closer! Music completely can transport me. Today I was listening to the Riverdance soundtrack and it matched my mood completely.