Sunday, January 27, 2013

Three Motifs

Friday night was the night before the full moon. So, naturally, I laid in bed for forty-five minutes before I realized that I was wide awake and that there was not going to be any sleeping any time soon.

So, I got up, put together a snack, lit a candle, and got my beads out. I put on some old episodes of Frasier and made these three motifs, wonky spacing worked out and all!

Now the hard part is going to be figuring out how to join them together. I think I know how to make the neck strap. I just need to figure out how to make each of these little beauties "flow" into the other.

I made photocopies of the first motif and then played around with spacing and arrangement, but for me, there's no substitute for having the actual finished pieces to work with.

These Twins are just so much fun! I'm really enjoying the challenge of designing with them...who woulda thought that two holes would be better than one?

On that note, I have a whole slew of pieces floating around in my head, as usual. A wild piece using some baby spikes, a bracelet using whopper spikes and baby spikes, a couple of ropes using gumdrops, and my latest Beadwork magazine challenge piece, which showed up on the back porch yesterday while we were out birding.

Meanwhile, Tom wants to get going with the cleaning/reorganization/furniture moving project in the bedroom. But I'm just having a really hard time motivating myself to get away from the beads and get in there... On the other hand, he doesn't appear ready to part with his Murray McMurray chicken catalog any time soon, either, so...

1 comment:

DVArtist said...

These are just beautiful. The beads will heal and bring new energy to your heart.
Nicole/Beadwright