Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Hello, my name is Jennifer...















And I'm addicted to Lisa Peters Art cabochons.

They say that admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery, right?

This is what it looks like during the first stage of my creation using a ceramic or stoneware art cabochon. I usually glue them down to the Stiff Stuff in one big batch, so as to avoid opening and closing the glue a billion times. Then I spread them out with my collection of Delica cylinder beads to try and find the right color for the bezel. Sometimes the colors jump out at me right away.

The larger cabochons in the picture will be turned into pendants with attached necklaces. The smaller cabs (which in this photo are mostly square shaped) will probably be used for bracelets.

I've started working on one of the large hex-shaped cabochons and I've been photo-documenting it the whole way so that I can share the process on the blog here. As I was stitching it yesterday, I came up with a name for the final piece, and a fantastic description for when I list it on Etsy....

1 comment:

Lisa Peters Russ said...

that looks so exciting! the way you have it all planned out like that! so cool! thanks for showing and thank you so much for the beautiful mentions in your blog.. WOW! cant wait to see them finished! I have a particular interest in the one with the circles and the lines (kind of right side of the photo) Im wondering how you can play on that design...