Friday, June 11, 2010

Staying Afloat...

Sort of. This pregnancy is whupping my butt, not the way it did when I was pregnant with Colden and I was so sick I couldn't move without dry heaving, but I'm just completely exhausted with this one, and by the end of the day, feeling pretty sea sick as well. It's been a struggle to keep up with things, but I know that in another month or so, I'll be back to my old self and then I can get on with it.

In the meantime, we had our first doctor ultrasound today, and everything looks perfect! The baby's heart rate was 136, which the tech and the midwife said is just what it should be, and the ultrasound tech said that my "little grain of rice" was measuring at around 8mm. All I could think was that 8mm is the size of the Czech fire polished beads I just got from Artbeads! So at least I have a reference for the size.

I'm still working on the embroidered cabochon necklace, so I'll finish that when I get more photos..

And on the subject of staying afloat, I've got one week to finish my Bead Soup Swap projects! I decided to go ahead and make two pieces from the materials I received from Ann, and here is a little teaser at what I've been working on for the first piece:














I've been watching Terry Jones' series, "Medieval Lives" a lot lately, and I'm fascinated by that time period. I've also been reading lots of books about English medieval history, books about Anne Boeyyn and Elizabeth I and the Tudors. So I thought I'd try to invite a little bit of that into this piece with the freshwater pearls and that absolutely yummy Venetian glass focal bead.

Tonight, Tom took a very cranky Colden over to Opa's to give me a break and so he could make some pickled eggs without me getting sick from the smell of cooked eggs and hot vinegar. (Just thinking about it is making me a little seasick!) Colden absolutely did not want to nap today - no matter what I tried, he wasn't having any of it. So by the time they left, he was just having a little kid meltdown because he was exhausted. I thought the poor kid was going to fall asleep on my shoulder while I was making my broth and noodles.

So with Tom and Colden gone for the evening, I'm in my pajamas, watching Jim Carey movies and slowly eating my dinner. I may either continue beading on that project, or I might just design a few new charted patterns or I might just go to sleep... The sleep sounds most attractive right now!

No comments: