Thursday, June 24, 2010

I've Made a Decision

After much thought about where I am in my life and how much things have changed since I first hit the farmers' market circuit in 2008, I've decided that this summer, I won't be selling fused glass jewelry at my markets and craft shows. Instead, I'm going to focus on my beadwoven and bead embroidered pieces.

The reason behind this is simple: I just don't have the time to put into the fused glass jewelry anymore, and I would rather be doing the embroidery or beadweaving. I did pretty well with the beadwoven and embroidered pieces last summer, so I'm just going to keep moving in that direction.













And because I have some fused glass left over, I have to decide what to do with it. I don't know if I'm going to sell it on Etsy - I'm terrible at taking pictures of glass, so what I'll probably do is have a series of giveaways here on my blog during the months of July, August and September, and I'll also give some of them away as free gifts to anyone who makes a purchase from me at the farmers markets and on Etsy.

So, among the other things I have to do today, I have to finish my bead soup pieces and get ready to post those first thing tomorrow morning; finish up a few tutorials for About.com; list the two embroidered cuff bracelets I finished this week in my Etsy shop; and make some time for a trip to the playground, because it is just soooooo beautiful out this morning! Ah, the life of a work-at-home mom!

4 comments:

sibel said...

verynice colors.

Unknown said...

Jen, those are gorgeous! I totally get not having time, though, especially with the exhaustion that has been hitting you.

Unknown said...

Your fused works beautiful too wow! But if your beading well we all must go where our hearts lead us!
Cheers~Janet

Mary Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.