Sunday, July 11, 2010

I've Been Featured on the Beads of Clay Blog!

Wow, well this is exciting! I went to the farmers' market this morning (as a buyer, not as a vendor - I just couldn't get organized this week, once again), and when I got home, I found an email from Mary Ann of Beads of Clay. Earlier this week, she sent me a list of interview questions that I answered (it was something good to keep me occupied), and the interview went up this morning. You can read it here: Stylin' Sunday with Beads of Clay.














She used this picture - which I love - of me and Colden at "work". It's not always like this - I can't usually bead when Colden is sitting on my lap, because he wants to "help". But this is the general idea - I work from home so that I can spend time with Colden. It was an awesome interview, and I was really excited when I read it on the blog.

So, like I said before, once again, I could not get my stuff together to go to the farmers' market this Sunday. I think I was just completely unprepared for the pain I had the first few days of the week, and then I was just trying to catch up with all the work and the emails that went neglected while I was trying to recover. But when Kathy and I went to the market this morning, I realized that I've made some great friends at these markets the last few years. Everyone had a big smile for me, and they all wanted to know if I had set up as a vendor, and then they all wanted to know when I was coming back! It's just been a rough summer so far, unfortunately.

I'm still on the fence about whether or not to set up next week, since the Mason's are having their annual "craft fair", and when they share the space with the farmers' market, it's never done very well. Last year, the weather was horrible, and there was so much arguing between the farmers' market people and the Masons' show organizer that the setup was just totally not conducive to having a good flow of customers through the grounds. On top of that, they had me and my friend Heather (both jewelry artists) set up right next to a woman selling SILPADA! Silpada! At what is supposed to be a handmade craft show! I spent most the time there looking daggers at this woman, who obviously hadn't made a single thing on her table, and the rest of the time I tried to occupy myself with writing some articles. It was not a pleasant day. If the weather is good, maybe I'll go.

So. This afternoon, Tom's cousin Dave and his wife Mary Kate are coming to visit, and we're all going up to Peru to pick strawberries! I didn't get to go last year, since that was the weekend I was in Syracuse. But today, it's a beautiful day, if not still a little hot, and picking strawberries sounds like a wonderful way to spend an afternoon...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a great interview! It is hard to believe when reading it that you were not sitting and chatting with her over a cup of coffee!

Artisan Beads Plus said...

I LOVED the interview too, Jen...You are an amazingly, interesting woman :O)

MaryAnn