Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Wild Center

It was disgustingly hot again today. Even Kathy thought so. When I finally arrived so that we could all go to the Wild Center, I told her that the heat and humidity were killing me today - and she said the same thing! So, we weren't nuts. This heat is out of control.

That said, it was the perfect day to take the kids out to Tupper Lake and the Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks, also known as The Wild Center. The place is pretty cool - lots of huge tanks of native fish, turtles, ducks, snakes, frogs, lizards, and a couple of river otters. The river otters were a huge hit - we went back after lunch and had, as Kathy put it, our own "private viewing" of the otter just doing his thing. Playing with his little blue Kong, swimming, rolling, frolicking... Colden would just scream with delight every time that otter swam past him in the tank.

So, as usual, not enough time in the day for everything that I want to/need to accomplish. I've been doing as much writing as I can from home, since we are spending most evenings over at Tom's parents' house having dinner with everyone. (I so wish we could see them more than once a year!!!) I think I'm going to have to spend most of Saturday cleaning out the car, finishing up my new price tags and story cards, and just getting organized if I'm going to make it to the Keene farmers' market on Sunday.

My body continues to clean itself out, which is a huge relief and at the same time, gives me incredible sadness. My hormones continue to take me on a wild ride - I cry at the drop of a hat, and I seem to lose my temper much easier than usual. I have had a headache, on and off, for over a week now. Most likely hormonal. Cramping comes and goes, and when it gets bad, I tend to lose it and start crying about anything - everything. My face is breaking out again, I'm dizzy, tired, etc. - it's just like having my period, every single day for the last ten days. I know this is just my body trying to get itself back to normal, so I'm doing the best that I can and just kind of going with the flow. Not much else I can do, really. I just take it as it comes, and when I feel terrible and need to lie down, I grab a magazine and a movie and try to cuddle up with Colden. (I try to cuddle with Colden - it doesn't always work. Sometimes, he just wants to grab on my hair and yank, and that's not good for either of us.)

Tomorrow, Kathy and I are going to get pedicures in the morning. I'll have to post some pictures of my pretty toes later in the afternoon! I just realized that I have loads of things sitting in my light tent that need to be photographed - maybe I can do them tomorrow afternoon after we get back, or they'll just have to wait until I get a few minutes on Saturday. Plum blossom beads; a huge, bezeled rivoli I got at Bead Fest Philly last summer; and a custom bead embroidered cabochon pendant. Cool, cool stuff.


3 Peeps Designs said...

I'm glad you are keeping busy and glad you are finding the time to cry. Time is the big word here. It will take time for your body to normal itself out and time before you stop analyzing every thing. I am glad you are able to talk about it, it helps.

Melanie said...

Oh Jen...I am sure that this must be very difficult. I am thinking of you as your body and mind heal itself. xoxo