It sort of makes sense. His friends Asa and Kaelynn have baby sisters. His friend Fiona is about to become a big sister to a new baby. So he wants one, too.
Some of the reasons he gave me last night for wanting a baby sister were:
- The baby sister could sleep in bed with him at night and keep him company so that he wouldn't have to sleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed anymore.
- He could put his baby sister in the canoe and paddle her around the lake.
- He could share all his toys with a baby sister.
- He could feed his baby sister lots and lots of food.
- He already has a brother (Moose), so now he needs a baby sister, too.
I tried to tell him that Daddy and I give every single last drop of our love to him, and that he'll have a baby sister if it's meant to be. But he still continued on about how much he wants a baby sister, until I decided that it was time for milk and juice and stories for bedtime.
I love that kid. I swear. I never know what he's going to come up with next.