Friday, August 06, 2010

Etsy Beadweavers' Challenge Piece - Finished Before the Deadline!


And I am so happy with the results! I stayed up late, way past my bedtime to finish this piece - lucky for me, Colden decided to make that night one of the rare nights when he sleeps straight through without waking up, so I actually got six full, uninterrupted hours of sleep after I finished it.

The gorgeous Red Magma Swarovski crystal stone in the center as well as the Red Magma rounds were courtesy of Artbeads "Blogging for Beads" program. I have been trying to find a project for them for MONTHS now, seriously, and when I found this bag of leftover Czech glass pearls in my stash, well, it finally hit me. (Took long enough, right?)

I was absolutely thrilled to be able to post the piece in my Etsy shop before the deadline of August 5th to enter it in the Etsy Beadweavers' Challenge! I've been a member of the Etsy team for quite a while, but have never been able to get a piece in for their monthly challenge. Now the fun part begins - the piece will be posted as part of a blog post on the Etsy Beadweavers' Blog, and you can go vote for your favorite piece. The winner gets to pick the theme for a future challenge.

The theme for the September challenge is "Bollywood" - and boy, does that sound tempting! I'll have to dig back into my stash of Swarovski and gold-plated Delicas and see what else I can come up with!

1 comment:

sibel said...

oo ..vonderfuulll.