Friday, September 10, 2010

Listings, Listings, Listings...


It rained hard last night, and this morning it is chilly and damp. I had to pull out a pair of wool socks because my feet were cold, and I hate having cold feet. I guess fall is here!

So last night, I did a little bit of listing on Etsy. As my (brief) farmers' market season comes to a close, I wanted to make sure that my Etsy shop is loaded to the gills in time for the holidays.

I had posted a picture of this piece on my Facebook profile and wondered if I should keep it or sell it. I wore it a couple times, and then while I was listing last night decided to put it in my Etsy shop - just to see what will happen. I'll probably put it out for sale at the market on Sunday, too. Just to see what will happen. If someone wants to give it a good home, then that's great. And if not, then it will definitely have a good home with me!

And since I was so inspired by just making this piece, I'm working on two new ones, both with Swarovski crystal centers. The flower petals are so much fun to make - I love the way they develop that curve all by themselves. And the colors of the two new pieces - woa. I never thought I had all those blues and purples in me!

I've also got loads more new ideas floating around. I'm going to do another Etsy Beadweavers' challenge - so I have to get cracking on that piece. And I've got a whole stack of unfinished cabochons that are begging me to get to them. And new beading tutorials for the About.com site. And new beading patterns for the About.com site. And a bunch of donuts that are crying out for peyote stitch bails and beaded ropes... I need like four of me to get all these projects done!

And on that note, Tom has started some crazy new schedule at work. We don't know how long it will last - we're hoping not terribly long - but as of yesterday, he and his co-worker are putting in 10 hour days (7 a.m. until 5 p.m.), five days a week, plus they rotate weekends. I think I'm mostly worried about him getting exhausted and burnt out. Good thing he has some vacation time saved up - I think he's going to need it.

1 comment:

Smadar's Treasure said...

This necklace is gorgeous! Beautiful design and colors! (and I'm sure it'll find a new home soon).

Smadar