Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New in the Etsy Shop...

Is what I hope will be the first in series of embellished spiral rope necklaces. I called this one, "Breath of Spring", and I finished it as the sun disappeared one evening and the rain and the cold rolled in through the river valley down the road from our house...














I made it using assorted glass beads and freshwater pearls. The rope itself stitched up way faster than I remember, and the embellishment techniques bring me waaaaaay back to when I first started beading. One of my first "large scale" pieces was a netted rope that I embellished heavily with pearls, shells, crystals and fire polished beads with an ocean theme. I still have that necklace - I should dig it out and photograph it. When I wear it, I still get compliments on it!

If you want more details about the piece, just click on the picture and it will take you to the listing in my Etsy shop.

Lots of beading to do this week... A custom order that needs a neck strap to be finished, a couple of requests for tutorials, and I'm working on my piece for the October Etsy Beadweavers' Challenge! Woo-hoo!

Colden went down for a nap early today. He was awake early, too - the sound of Tom's motorcycle propelled Colden out of bed and onto the back porch where, for a full twenty minutes, he tried to look out the window and cried, "Come back, Daddy!" I think Colden is starting to feel Tom's absence in this crazy new work schedule of his...

1 comment:

Jay said...

Nice piece of of embellished spiral rope necklaces. it look pretty.
Jewelry Louisiana